We are still open and leasing residential rental suites during COVID-19 — Virtual Tours are available now!
Subscribe to the Blueprint Newsletter
Senior Analyst, Investments (Toronto)
Concert is an award-winning diversified real estate enterprise with assets in excess of $4.0 billion in market value and shareholder equity of approximately $2.0 billion. Exclusively owned by Canadian union and management pension plans, Concert is involved in developing rental apartments, condominium homes and retirement communities, and acquiring, developing and managing industrial and office properties in British Columbia, Alberta and Ontario.
There is an exciting opportunity for a talented professional to join the Concert Investments team as our Senior Analyst! This is a full-time position located at our Toronto Office in Ontario.
Reporting to the Vice President, Investments this role will support various aspects of real estate analysis and underwriting within the Investments team. The Investments team is responsible for asset valuations and financial analytics, acquisitions, dispositions, asset management, leasing, and financing of industrial, office and residential income producing properties.
What you’ll be doing:
- Prepare financial analysis that project cashflows and investment returns, as well as support the team on acquisitions/dispositions and development approvals
- Assist and prepare submissions for investment and advisory committees
- Participate in the review of new deals/developments and coordinate with internal/external groups to support financial modeling assumptions and other underwriting
- Conduct research and maintain understanding of industrial, office and high-rise residential development property transactions and market activity
Qualifications and Experience
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in business, real estate, economics or finance
- 2-4 years relevant experience in real estate acquisitions, private equity, or investment banking and a Bachelor’s or higher degree in commerce, business, economics, or a related field.
- Ability to research, analyze, underwrite and evaluate real estate investment and development opportunities, including familiarity with legal document reviews
- Technical competence in the development of dynamic financial models to analyze various investment opportunities
- Ability to understand real estate values, including DCF models and the appraisal processes
- Multitasking while working under pressure and tight deadline parameters
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced proficiency in Excel, the MS Office suite and Argus
- Fostering and maintaining strong positive relationships with the brokerage and real estate community
This is a general description of the tasks and skills required. Additional responsibilities and duties may be required to successfully perform this position.
Join the Concert Team!
From the people who own our company to the people we employ, people are what makes Concert a developer with a difference. At Concert, we offer competitive pay, extended health benefits, fitness benefits, transit subsidies, and the opportunity to work with a unique group with varied backgrounds.
If you are interested in this role and have the necessary qualifications, please kindly forward your resume quoting the name of the position in the subject line to: WebHR@ConcertProperties.com
Please be advised that only qualified, short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in Concert.