We are still open and leasing residential rental suites during COVID-19 — Virtual Tours are available now!
Subscribe to the Blueprint Newsletter
Project Manager, Construction
About Concert Properties
Concert is an award-winning diversified real estate enterprise with a stellar reputation. For thirty years, Concert has been committed to our employees, investors, partners and to the communities where we build and live, dedicated to what it means to be a developer with a difference. Today, the company has built a portfolio valued at over $7 billion while remaining one of the most trusted names in Canadian real estate. Our success is based on people – on a passionate, talented team who value a collaborative culture, a desire for excellence and a willingness to give back. You will have the opportunity to join a forward-thinking team and be proud of working at a company developing, acquiring and maintaining high quality, sustainable buildings and communities across Canada.
There is an exciting opportunity for a talented professional to join the Concert team as our Project Manager, Construction! This is a full-time position located at our Head Office in Vancouver, BC.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Construction, the Project Manager will be responsible to provide overall management, administration, and technical direction to ensure the efficient and effective delivery of residential, commercial and infrastructure projects.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work with internal and external stakeholders through conceptual project design to clearly define project requirements and confirm technical, financial, and regulatory feasibility.
- Develop and manage project budget, schedule, quality, and sustainability standards.
- Contract and oversee the work of external professional service providers.
- Plan and oversee the detailed design process and the preparation of tender documents.
- Develop appropriate procurement options, manage the tender process, and contract award.
- Monitor and control construction of the project to ensure that the project is built in compliance, on schedule, within budget, and to quality standards which are a hallmark of Concert’s projects.
- Prepare detailed project handover and inspection programs to ensure a streamlined delivery of the project to the clients.
- Lead the post construction audit and re-tooling processes for upcoming projects.
- Administer post construction warranty, building audits and customer service.
- Maintain and improve business and community relationships.
- Enhance Concert’s reputation as a preferred client and industry leader.
What you bring:
- College diploma or a university degree in engineering, construction or related discipline.
- 8-10 years of relevant experience with a general contractor or developer.
- A thorough understanding of all aspects of design and construction.
- A proven track record of successfully delivering projects.
- Ability to manage multiple projects is a pre-requisite.
- High rise residential experience is an asset.
Technical and Leadership Competencies:
- A dynamic and highly effective leader, open and approachable, well recognized for planning, project management, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- High level of personal and professional integrity.
- Fundamental business experience including strategizing, budgeting, allocating resources and contingency planning.
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Thorough knowledge of construction processes, procurement and practices as applied to planning, design, construction and maintenance of buildings and associated infrastructure.
Join the Concert Team!
From the people who own our company to the people we employ, people are what makes Concert a developer with a difference. At Concert, we offer competitive pay, extended health benefits, fitness benefits, transit subsidies, and the opportunity to work with a unique group with varied backgrounds.
If you are interested in this role and have the necessary qualifications, please kindly forward your resume quoting the name of the position in the subject line to: WebHR@ConcertProperties.com
Please be advised that only qualified, short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in Concert!