We are still open and leasing residential rental suites during COVID-19 — Virtual Tours are available now!
Subscribe to the Blueprint Newsletter
Manager, Environmental Sustainability
About Concert Properties
Concert is an award-winning diversified real estate enterprise with a stellar reputation. For thirty years, Concert has been committed to our employees, investors, partners and to the communities where we build and live, dedicated to what it means to be a developer with a difference. Today, the company has built a portfolio valued at over $7 billion while remaining one of the most trusted names in Canadian real estate. Our success is based on people – on a passionate, talented team who value a collaborative culture, a desire for excellence and a willingness to give back. You will have the opportunity to join a forward-thinking team and be proud of working at a company developing, acquiring and maintaining high quality, sustainable buildings and communities across Canada.
Reporting to the Vice President of Innovation & Sustainability, the Manager, Environmental Sustainability will work across the company to implement and measure sustainability initiatives that support corporate sustainability principles and targets. While the position will action sustainability initiatives broadly across the organization the priority will be to deliver energy efficiency and carbon reduction projects on Concert’s diverse portfolio of buildings.
The position will lead the implementation of a ‘best in class’ sustainability reporting and disclosure program. This will include leading the authoring of the annual public sustainability report and filing disclosures with external 3rd party organizations such as GRESB, Fortis BC and Climate Smart. Based on this data and insights gained through implementation the Manager of Environmental Sustainability will support the ongoing strategic development of environmental sustainability principles and priorities for the organization.
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead and support other business units in the implementation of the environmental sustainability actions identified in Sustainability in Concert Framework.
- Lead sustainability reporting initiatives including annual 3rd party GHG reporting, and GRESB submissions.
- Educate and promote the Sustainability in Concert Framework with staff and other key stakeholders.
- Act as an inhouse research and technical resource for sustainability related inquiries and projects.
- Develop and execute retrofit projects that result in natural gas savings and lower Greenhouse Gas emissions.
- Stay appraised of, and when applicable, apply for incentives from government and utilities, specifically FortisBC’s Demand Side Management programs;
- Conduct an inventory of natural gas fired equipment to determine eligible projects for FortisBC incentives;
- Work with the VP Innovation & Sustainability to explore and develop business cases to reduce natural gas use and lower carbon emissions.
- Bring forward natural gas related projects to internal management for budget approval;
- Execute natural gas projects and ensure that FortisBC programs are applied for and utilized where applicable;
- Ensure all necessary invoices are submitted for incentives from FortisBC;
- Help coordinate/present any applicable employee awareness training;
- Submit a quarterly assessment to FortisBC outlining all completed, current and planned projects that will result in natural gas savings.
What you bring:
Education should include one of the following, a Master’s degree in sustainability, planning, or engineering. Or an undergraduate degree supplemented with relevant experience, and or the completion of one of the following: BCIT SEMAC (Sustainable Energy Management Advanced Certificate), Douglas College Building Energy and Resource Management program certificate, Langara Energy Management Certificate.
- Demonstrated interest and enthusiasm related to sustainability, and or energy efficiency (work/volunteer experience).
- Familiarity and knowledge of energy efficient technologies (implementation of a project or attendance of a course).
- Experience in developing plans project management and detailed report writing.
- Experience using common computer software such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, interpersonal skills and presentation skills.
- Strong attention to detail, with a commitment to producing high quality work, including thorough self-review.
- Strong team player, with willingness to assist others as needed.
- Curious, enthusiastic and a desire and aptitude to grow and progress professionally within a supportive environment.
Join the Concert Team!
From the people who own our company to the people we employ, people are what makes Concert a developer with a difference. At Concert, we offer competitive pay, extended health benefits, fitness benefits, transit subsidies, and the opportunity to work with a unique group with varied backgrounds.
If you are interested in this role and have the necessary qualifications, please kindly forward your resume quoting the name of the position in the subject line to: WebHR@ConcertProperties.com.
Please be advised that only qualified, short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in Concert!