We are still open and leasing residential rental suites during COVID-19 — Virtual Tours are available now!
Subscribe to the Blueprint Newsletter
Maintenance Technician (Toronto)
About Concert Properties
Concert is an award-winning diversified real estate enterprise with assets in excess of $3.7 billion in market value and shareholder equity of approximately $2.2 billion. With residential, commercial, and industrial properties in British Columbia, Alberta, and Ontario, we proudly have a history of developing and managing our own residential properties to ensure we deliver the highest level of customer experience. With our signature Concert on-call service for both our commercial and residential properties, our tenants have come to expect that renting with Concert means they can live and work with confidence and peace of mind.
There is an exciting opportunity for a talented professional to join the Concert team as our Maintenance Technician! This is a full-time live-in position located at our One32 Berkeley Toronto Residential Building.
Reporting directly to the Community Manager for One32 Berkeley, this role provides support in maintaining and operating the site to a standard that enhances curb appeal and resident satisfaction. The role requires a varied technical skill set and the ability to work under varied conditions while retaining high customer service.
The following list is an outline of the duties and responsibilities of the Maintenance Technician at all residential properties in Ontario. Duties and responsibilities may vary depending on site requirements.
- Review work orders and maintenance schedules.
- Conduct walk through of building and grounds as per the maintenance check list and action any problems that are noted and if warranted bring problems to the attention of the Resident Services Manager and/or Community Manager. Note cleaning deficiencies and respond and attend to any cleaning problems immediately when cleaning staff are not available.
- Conduct a daily inspection of all mechanical and electrical equipment located within the building including roof top equipment, sprinkler rooms and systems, elevator machine rooms, mechanical rooms and equipment, electrical rooms and electrical vault, and all and any other equipment.
- Clean building exterior grounds, sidewalks, parkade and loading bays to a first-class standard including removal of litter and leaves as directed. Power washing to be performed regularly and as required. Maintain first class operational and maintenance standards to enhance the property’s curb appeal and increase resident satisfaction.
- Assist with the preparation of suites on turnover to provide suites to new residents/prospective residents expeditiously and to a first-class standard.
- Update and maintain all necessary maintenance records, such as inspection reports, turnover sheets, and maintenance/contractor files both in paper and on the computer.
- Daily monitoring & respond to issues regarding the building automated systems (VVT/DDC).
- Coordinate & supervise preventative maintenance of all building equipment & systems (HVAC, Electrical, Fire & Life Safety, Elevators, etc.) including supervision and control of contractors and sub-trades working on the property.
- Perform all hands-on housekeeping, repair and maintenance services to the common areas & washrooms, tenant suites, building exterior, walkways, parking areas, service rooms, etc. in order to maintain a first-class appearance.
- Minor plumbing repairs such as change and repair taps, unplug drains and toilets, replace flush valves, repair hose bibs, change cartridges, isolate pipe leaks etc. Identify major issues requiring the attention of a contractor.
- Minor electrical repairs such as change light switches, and electrical outlets, install a light fixture, change a ballast (120 Volt only) etc., if licensed. Contact electricians as required.
- Minor drywall repairs and painting; repair grout in bathrooms and kitchens; remove and replace kitchen and bathroom counters.
- Participate in the fire and life safety operations and procedures.
- Monitor activities of contractors.
Other areas of responsibility are as follows:
- Prepare purchase orders when ordering goods and services within the scope of responsibilities and authorization of the Resident Services Manager and/or Community Manager.
- Complete incident reports in detail for all break-ins, property damage, fires or floods and advise the Resident Services Manager, Community Manager, Property Manager and/or Director, Property Management immediately.
- Schedule and oversee Tenant move-ins and move-outs with the Resident Services Manager and/or Community Manager, hang and take down elevator pads.
- Ensure all contractors abide by the WSIB Rules and Regulations and Concert’s Occupational Health and Safety Program.
- Knowledge of all governing legislation such as the Residential Tenancies Act; Building code, Fire Code and Occupational Health and Safety.
- Must have experience and knowledge of HVAC systems, chillers/cooling towers, DDC systems, fire prevention systems, security access systems and general building repairs
This is a general description of the tasks and skills required. Additional responsibilities and duties may be required to successfully perform this position.
Join the Concert Team!
From the people who own our company to the people we employ, people are what makes Concert a developer with a difference. At Concert, we offer competitive pay, extended health benefits, fitness benefits, transit subsidies, and the opportunity to work with a unique group with varied backgrounds.
If you are interested in this role and have the necessary qualifications, please kindly forward your resume quoting the name of the position in the subject line to: WebHR@ConcertProperties.com
Please be advised that only qualified, short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in Concert!