We are still open and leasing residential rental suites during COVID-19 — Virtual Tours are available now!
Subscribe to the Blueprint Newsletter
Commercial Property Manager (Ontario)
About Concert Properties
Concert is an award-winning diversified real estate enterprise with assets in excess of $4.0 billion in market value and shareholder equity of approximately $2.0 billion. With residential, commercial, and industrial properties in British Columbia, Alberta, and Ontario, we proudly have a history of developing and managing our own residential properties to ensure we deliver the highest level of customer experience. With our signature Concert on-call service for both our commercial and residential properties, our tenants have come to expect that renting with Concert means they can live and work with confidence and peace of mind.
There is an exciting opportunity for a talented professional to join the Concert Property Management team as our Commercial Property Manager! This is a full-time position located at our Property Management office in Brampton, ON.
Reporting directly to the Vice President, Property Management, the Commercial Property Manager is an experienced individual in managing a mixed portfolio comprised of commercial properties, office, industrial and retail. From overseeing tenant improvements to building strong client relationships, the Commercial Property Manager is a multi-faceted leader of all operations and financial activities.
What you’ll be doing:
- Ensure that all physical aspects of the properties are always fully functional and maintained in an attractive condition consistent with Concert standards.
- Ensure compliance of all organizational procedures and governmental regulations.
- Implement, monitor and review preventive maintenance programs for each building.
- Implement, monitor and improve upon all sustainable practices as they relate to energy conservation, recycling, composting and waste reduction.
- Routinely walk through buildings to review maintenance quality and work required.
- Conduct health and safety inspections.
- Review monthly maintenance and site property reports to ensure completion and accuracy.
- Review and implement cost control programs.
- Review and monitor site purchasing to ensure that all purchasing guidelines are followed.
- Review monthly operational reports and provide variance and operational analysis and prepare Income Producing Properties (IPP) quarterly reports.
- Liaise with accounting for reports, adjustments and commercial recoveries.
- Obtain quotes for major work and contract renewals.
- Obtain quotes and monitor commercial tenant improvement work.
- Review all purchasing to ensure that it meets purchasing policies and approve for payment through electronic purchasing system.
- Prepare annual operating budgets for all properties
- Review of operating and CAM statements
- Liaise with the Asset Manager on Capital Project approvals and other major operational issues
- Liaise with Asset Manager on renewal and new commercial tenancies
- Interact with commercial tenants to resolve operational issues and to build good working relationships
Required Knowledge and Skills
- A Minimum of 10 years of Commercial Property Management experience, specializing in multi-tenant office management.
- Experience in industrial management.
- Post-Secondary education with a degree or diploma preferred.
- Knowledge of all governing legislation such as Employment Standards Act, Ontario; Human Rights Code; Building code, Fire Code and Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Knowledge of Commercial Leasing and Commercial Recovery procedures.
- Knowledge of building systems operation and building maintenance.
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills.
- Strong prioritizing skills and the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite of programs with superior experience with Excel and Word.
- Working knowledge of Yardi is an asset.
- Strong knowledge of financial reporting and experience in preparation of budgets and review of operating statements.
This is a general description of the tasks and skills required. Additional responsibilities and duties may be required to successfully perform this position.
Join the Concert Team!
From the people who own our company to the people we employ, people are what makes Concert a developer with a difference. At Concert, we offer competitive pay, extended health benefits, comprehensive pension package, fitness benefits, education assistance program and the opportunity to work with a unique group with varied backgrounds.
If you are interested in this role and have the necessary qualifications, please kindly forward your email of intent to Human Resources quoting the name of the position in the subject line to: WebHR@ConcertProperties.com
Please be advised that only qualified, short-listed candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in Concert.