We are still open and leasing residential rental suites during COVID-19 — Virtual Tours are available now!
Subscribe to the Blueprint Newsletter
Administrative Assistant, Construction
About Concert Properties
Concert is an award-winning diversified real estate enterprise with a stellar reputation. For thirty years, Concert has been committed to our employees, investors, partners and to the communities where we build and live, dedicated to what it means to be a developer with a difference. Today, the company has built a portfolio valued at over $7 billion while remaining one of the most trusted names in Canadian real estate. Our success is based on people – on a passionate, talented team who value a collaborative culture, a desire for excellence and a willingness to give back. You will have the opportunity to join a forward-thinking team and be proud of working at a company developing, acquiring and maintaining high quality, sustainable buildings and communities across Canada.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Construction, this role will be working collaboratively and provide administrative support to the Construction Department in Vancouver, BC. The Construction Department is comprised of Project Management and Customer Service Groups. The Administrative Assistant will have the opportunity to work with both groups over multiple projects.
This role allows for growth and development within the company while supporting the administration of interesting and rewarding construction projects. There is an opportunity for this position to advance to a Project Coordinator.
What you’ll be doing:
- Projects: Organize construction drawings and documentation to support all Construction projects. Assist with construction tenders. Assist with preparation of Home Owner Manuals and Project Handover Documentation. Support teams with the preparation of monthly reports and Requests for Proposals.
- Standard Documents and templates: Maintain and update standard project documents and templates.
- Construction contacts: Maintain up-to-date contact lists for all construction industry partners.
- Customer Service: Support the Customer Service Representatives with filing, issuing notifications, distributing inspection reports and with housekeeping duties on the customer service management system.
- General administrative duties: Support the Construction team with filing, scanning, record keeping, courier dispatch and maintaining stationery supplies. Participate in new hire orientations.
- Meetings: Manage and maintain all meeting rooms bookings, ensuring preparedness for upcoming meetings as well as take-down upon completion. Provide refreshments for meetings as required. Prepare meeting minutes and distribute accordingly.
- Travel: Manage all travel arrangements for the Construction team.
- Corporate: Liaise with other departments on interfacing requirements. Act as the Department’s lead contact with Yammer.
- Site events: Assist with arrangements for site events.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you bring:
- College or University diploma in construction, business administration or related discipline.
- 1-3 years of previous administrative work experience in a professional services environment.
- Previous experience in the construction industry is an asset.
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Can work independently and as a team member.
- Have a high level of integrity and understand the importance of confidentiality.
- Self-starter and a quick learner with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to take ownership and demonstrate initiative with assigned work.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and manage competing demands in a dynamic environment.
- Punctual, reliable and professional.
- Proficiency in office technology, including Microsoft Office 365 Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Join the Concert Team!
From the people who own our company to the people we employ, people are what makes Concert a developer with a difference. At Concert, we offer competitive pay, extended health benefits, fitness benefits, transit subsidies, and the opportunity to work with a unique group with varied backgrounds.
If you are interested in this role and have the necessary qualifications, please kindly forward your resume quoting the name of the position in the subject line to: WebHR@ConcertProperties.com
Please be advised that only qualified, short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in Concert.